Research in the field of international development seeks solutions for many of the most pressing and challenging problems people face in the world, including poverty, food insecurity and conflict. Telling the stories of this work and its impact can play a powerful role in raising awareness about these challenges but also the growing body of tested and proven solutions. The Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Markets, Risk & Resilience at UC Davis seeks undergraduate student writers to join us to tell stories about solutions that could have a positive impact worldwide.
Solutions Writing Internship Details
- Applications are due December 1 for Winter Quarter and March 1 for Spring Quarter each year.
- The Internship is available for up to four registered UC Davis undergraduate students each Winter and Spring Quarter.
- Training or experience in journalism is required, ideally with some prior publications.
- Some knowledge about international development, world poverty, social sciences research or related areas is preferred.
- Interns will receive intensive mentoring and scaffolding to sharpen their skills as they work toward a final article for publication on the MRR Innovation Lab website.
- The position is unpaid, but academic credit is available.
- The minimum time commitment is 3 hours weekly for the duration of the 10-week quarter.
- Send a cover letter, updated resume and all inquiries to Alex Russell at email@example.com.