On March 6-7th in Accra, Ghana, the AMA Innovation Lab is joining with the International Labor Organization’s Impact Insurance Facility as a part of the activities for the Global Action Network (GAN), to bring together a consortium of partners from the development sector to share their knowledge and technical expertise on agriculture index insurance in areas such as client value, basis risk, reinsurance, consumer education, agriculture value chain integration, digital technology and distribution.
This workshop will involve policy makers from West African several countries with the goal of sharing new thoughts in this area and stimulating public sector and government involvement to achieve greater scale and impact with agriculture index based insurance. The activities will build on previous Peer-Learning Platforms and the lessons learned therein to enhance the knowledge of both- the policy makers as well as the research community and assist in continuing a conversation around these issues that will provide better value to the agriculture producers and farmers.
The event's overall objective is to stimulate more government involvement to achieve greater scale and impact with agriculture insurance, and:
- Promote knowledge sharing across researchers and government, policy makers and implementing organizations (doing either action research or rigorous studies) through hands-on workshops, presentations, and panel discussions
- Identify implications of agriculture research evidence on practice of insurance i.e. translate academic, rigorous evidence into useful and practical information that is accessible and useful for policy making and implementation
- Assist the research community to improve their understanding of the needs and realities faced by policy makers
- Identify gaps in knowledge which inform researchers on areas to focus future research
- Identify cross cutting lessons from impact studies, complemented by sharing of practice based lessons under identified themes (to be developed through mutual consultation)
Please check back soon for the event program.